Recent content by BarryM

  1. BarryM

    Before the Credits Barry Miller on Turning Personal Experience into STEVEN

    Thanks John — appreciate that. Right people, not more people — that's exactly the shift I'm making. Will keep you posted on how it develops. Barry
  2. BarryM

    Before the Credits Barry Miller on Turning Personal Experience into STEVEN

    Hi John — thanks for this, really appreciate you taking the time. That makes a lot of sense — 10-15 focused vs. 100 general. And good call on filtering by budget level and what actually made it to production / festivals / distribution, not just "horror" credits. That's a sharper way to build...
  3. BarryM

    Before the Credits Barry Miller on Turning Personal Experience into STEVEN

    Hi JAL — thanks so much for reading that. Really appreciate you picking up on that line — that fear of being lied to by people who are supposed to protect you is the whole core of STEVEN for me. It came from a very personal place, so it means a lot that it landed that way. Hope I can scare the...
  4. BarryM

    Industry Strategy After the Pitch Deck: How to Turn Investor Interest Into Film Financing

    Michael — great add about risk mitigation vs just liking the script. For STEVEN, yes — naming the practical elements up front helped. With real fire, I learned not to hide it. Instead of putting "fire FX" buried in art dept, I broke it out with what it takes to do it safely — safety officer...
  5. BarryM

    Industry Strategy After the Pitch Deck: How to Turn Investor Interest Into Film Financing

    Great breakdown — this is exactly where I am right now. I'm in private raise for my contained 70s horror STEVEN ($375K target / $175K min viable, 18-day, SAG Ultra Low, all practical fire). Deck gets the "this looks interesting, send more" — which I now realize is NOT interest, it's the start...
  6. BarryM

    Before the Credits Barry Miller on Turning Personal Experience into STEVEN

    Max — thank you, this is really helpful. I do have the deck, synopsis, and prelim budget/range locked along with the screenplay (v13.6 FINAL — 100p, WGAE # I347110). Appreciate the leads on Renfield Productions and MasiMedia — I'll research both. If you have a contact path for Renfield given the...
  7. BarryM

    Before the Credits Barry Miller on Turning Personal Experience into STEVEN

    I do have a pitch deck, synopsis and budget range. I appreciate the advice. This is helpful. Thank you.
  8. BarryM

    Discussion STEVEN: 8x Award-Winning / 14 Laurels — 1975 Contained Horror — Seeking Producer & Financing

    Thanks John — and thank you for weighing in on that. Agreed on emotional point of entry — that's Linda. In v13.6 FINAL, Scott's wife Linda senses something was wrong back in 1968 but is told everything is okay. She carries that into 1975. I've sharpened that in the latest draft. One-pager...
  9. BarryM

    Discussion STEVEN: 8x Award-Winning / 14 Laurels — 1975 Contained Horror — Seeking Producer & Financing

    I need this whole post updated with this: Post 1 — v13.6 FINAL with pro coverage: Hi all — Barry Miller, WGAE Registered #1347110, Phillipsburg, NJ — Stage32 Logline Rated 5.0/5 (3 ratings). Introducing STEVEN, a 100-page contained 1975 horror screenplay. LOGLINE: HALLOWEEN meets THE OMEN...
  10. BarryM

    Discussion STEVEN: 8x Award-Winning / 14 Laurels — 1975 Contained Horror — Seeking Producer & Financing

    Thanks John — this is really helpful. And to clarify script canon so it lands right: October 15, 1968 - On a rainy night in a small town, Scott Hask delivers his own son in the backseat of his car. At the local hospital that same night, a deranged woman steals newborn Steven from the nursery...
  11. BarryM

    Discussion STEVEN: 8x Award-Winning / 14 Laurels — 1975 Contained Horror — Seeking Producer & Financing

    Hi Simon, thank you — really helpful note. You're right, I was leading with production details. Tightened to hook + emotional core: October 15, 1968, on a rainy night in a small town, a deranged woman steals newborn Steven from the hospital nursery. Cornered by staff, she places a curse on...
  12. BarryM

    Discussion STEVEN: 8x Award-Winning / 14 Laurels — 1975 Contained Horror — Seeking Producer & Financing

    Hi Zoltan, thanks for sharing STEVEN and updating the street image today. No formal LOI yet — just festival traction so far (8 wins / 14 laurels for STEVEN) and early reads. I'm still packaging producer-first, but open to a sales intro if you think it helps with investors. Appreciate the push...
Back
Top