admin

Administrator
Staff member
Industry Professional
Joined
Dec 17, 2025
Messages
111

The Thistleball – An Untold Hollywood Story​


Jim Lincoln.webp

Jim Lincoln is the 50% publishing rights owner and contractual representative for the heirs of actor Bramwell Fletcher in connection with The Thistleball – Story of an Actor’s Life, an unpublished manuscript chronicling Fletcher’s life and career. Continuing a stewardship that began with his father decades ago, Lincoln is now working to bring the manuscript to a wider audience, with hopes for publication and a future screen adaptation.


1. Please introduce yourself in 2–3 sentences. Tell us a little about who you are, how you became involved with the Bramwell Fletcher estate, and what you are currently working on.​

Hi Zoltan and FilmPlatforms, thanks! My name is Jim Lincoln. I grew up in N.H., and I also lived in Colorado for almost 30 years. I'm the 50% publishing rights owner, sole contact, and contractual representative for the heirs of Bramwell Fletcher for The Thistleball – Story of an Actor's Life. I'm carrying on my dad's stewardship from 50 years ago.


2. How did The Thistleball – Story of an Actor's Life manuscript come into your hands, and when did you first realize it deserved to reach a wider audience?​

It came into my hands a few years ago after my father died, but I didn't start diving into it until about a year ago, when I realized what an extraordinary find it was. I understood its historical significance right away, and I knew I had to put it out there in the world. It's captivating you can't put it down.


Bramwell Fletcher.webp


3. What do you think makes Bramwell Fletcher's story and the manuscript itself particularly special?​

There really is nothing like it from a memoir or autobiography perspective. Bramwell dictated into a recorder, in his actor's voice, playing out his life's story. Then, incredibly, he'd give those recordings to his wife, famous author and Time WWII war correspondent Lael Wertenbaker, and she typed the whole manuscript.

That provenance, and Bramwell's life, make for a powerful story.


4. Beyond publishing the book, you have also considered a future film or docudrama adaptation. How would you like to see the story brought to the screen?​

Absolutely. I'm excited about developing this as a docudrama series. It's perfectly suited for it: it has five chapters, with many parts in each chapter, and it's 90,000 to 125,000 words. Any major streaming platform could easily produce 50–70 episodes from The Thistleball – Story of an Actor's Life.


5. What has been the biggest challenge in developing the project so far?​

Doing this myself has been daunting and challenging, and it still is. But I wouldn't change any of the experiences that have brought me this far. I wouldn't change a thing! I've learned so much along the way, and I'll continue to move this forward, regardless of its challenges!


6. Was there a particular moment or achievement when you felt that the project was really beginning to move forward?​

Well, first I have to say it's FilmPlatforms that has so graciously given me a voice for this project, supporting me the whole way and inviting me to Before the Credits. I know that you've been instrumental in how things are progressing for me and the manuscript. Thank you, FilmPlatforms!

Although I received a request for a proposal from the Editor-in-Chief of a university press, I'm moving on from that particular interest, and I'm looking forward to what awaits next! Although, for me, things move glacially slow... I can see the road ahead.


7. What kind of partner or support would be most valuable to you at this stage of the project?​

Well, any initial support can be made through my fiscal sponsorship portal at ccearts.org/thistleball.

All funds go through a charitable 501(c)(3) platform, and 100% of the funds go straight into the project. Thank you all in advance for any support!

As for a partner for this project, my wish is to welcome anyone with an interest in The Thistleball as a docudrama series — Netflix, HBO, PBS, Warner Bros., Paramount, or any venue for that matter. I'm open to partners.


8. Looking a few years ahead, what would you consider the ultimate success for​

Well, getting the manuscript published is its ultimate achievement — and mine. But most importantly, I'm doing this for my dad, and I'm doing this for Bramwell Fletcher and his heirs. I'd also like to have my feet up, binge-watching the docuseries The Thistleball in a few years...

Thanks so much!

– Jim Lincoln

Learn More / Contact


🌐 Project: The Thistleball – Official Project Page
✉️ Contact: jal77829@gmail.com


Would you like to be featured in our Before the Credits interview series?
If you have a project or story you'd like to share with the FilmPlatforms community, we'd love to hear from you.
Get in touch with us at info@filmplatforms.com.
 
Back
Top